Bathroom Style and Set up ideas
Hi I am a bathroom “expert” and have run a company for 20 years specialising within the style, offer and installation of bathrooms in Edinburgh along with the Lothians place.
All through this era the business continues to be a member from the Federation of Learn Builders organisation.
We have been often requested to supply first rate quality, tough carrying and attractively concluded bathrooms for “buy to let” customers, young people and first time property customers on the confined spending plan. For those who observe our prime ten ideas below, there is absolutely no purpose why you cannot attain identical success for budgets of a lot less than 3000 lbs ..
Our Major 10 Guidelines for an Economy Lavatory Design and style and Installation task
1) Never be overly formidable together with your bathroom layout:- he new bath/shower/wc/basin really should be positioned practically just in which the previous units were positioned:- try to remember that experienced labour expenses account for at least 70% of the economic climate lavatory re-fit and functioning new drainage and water provide pipe-work is time consuming and involves additional substance fees
2) Ahead of you devote any cash on tiles and fittings, employ an all-trades professional fitting team:-here isn’t any price savings for being manufactured in flooding out your downstairs neighbour as a result of botched Do-it-yourself or by means of money in hand and “fly by night” cowboys:- Should your very carefully picked and vetted specialist outfit does have an unlikely but potentially costly accident, then the corporate insurance coverage ( test this out just before using the services of them) will cover the costs involved:- Pre choice will even permit you to definitely involve the industry experts within the structure and vital material/fittings collection process
3) Negotiate a hard and fast cost along with your contractor:-On a labour only foundation, and presently ( outwith the London space) it truly is feasible to rent a superb all trades contractor experienced in plumbing, builder perform, woodwork, plastering, tiling, decorating and electrical perform as important for approximately 1600-2300 lbs for each normal toilet inclusive of all will work as essential:- Ensure that the contract is in composing and it is signed and agreed by equally parties. There isn’t a need to have for any fancy or lawfully drafted contract:- An exchange of evidently and easily expressed handwritten letters or E-mail will represent a binding agreement in almost any smaller statements court docket if demanded. Mindful variety of your contractor should make sure that authorized proceedings certainly are a most unlikely end result of any job, but a appropriately constituted deal is usually a vital and sensible insurance policies for just about any enterprise transaction.
4) Shop around for your personal sanitary fittings:-You can find some great bargains to be had to choose from:- One example is, and with the time of composing, B&Q has an excellent offer on a full “Sandringham” suite by Armitage Shanks Ltd (inclusive of tub, basin/pedestal/wc and taps) All for a lot less than 200 kilos ( usual list cost over 600 pounds):- When you see a “named brand” shower in a big store never invest in it but verify out comparative offers on line for a better deal.
5) When you have a “combi” boiler in your house you will find that a thermostatic valve shower or “power shower” as it is sometimes known, is probably the cheapest and definitely (performance wise) the best option:- recall to consult using your contractor as to which type to get:- These showers can have an exposed or concealed valve depending on what kind of walls you have:- When selecting an electrical shower, remember that the brand new more powerful showers available today ( rated up to and beyond 11KW ) will will need a larger cable and mains circuit breaker installed by a qualified electrician:- Using a similarly rated shower to the existing shower can save you hundreds of pounds in rewiring expenditures.
6) The most commonly used tiles by far are ceramic ( as opposed to porcelain, slate or natural stone) they are also usually the cheapest to lay as they do not require specialist adhesives, cutting or drilling. Some natural stone products also require periodic sealing to maintain their condition. It is important that you consult along with your contractor in advance of purchasing tiles or adhesives. The size of tiles can be a potential problem:- Large tiles do not generally get the job done pretty well, appearance wise, in a tiny place and also the size of tiles is always a major issue for walls and floors that are a lot less than perfect (Tiles do not bend ):- Whilst smaller tiles can generally cope with fewer than perfect surfaces, larger tiles can not:- A fantastic tiler will always do the best he can, but don’t forget that absolutely 100% perfect tiling is achievable only in laboratory conditions by robots!
7) The colour and finish of items in a bathroom design is down to personal choice. In my experience plain/neutral coloured tiles and paint finishes function best. Coloured tile edgings or bands may end up dictating the colour of towels, decorative accessories plus the future paint colours on walls etc:- A combination of dark charcoal floor tiles, white “bumpy” wall tiles, very light grey emulsion walls and a white painted ceiling is usually a very cost effective but classy finish that performs very well for all towel and accessory colours especially when combined with silver tile trims/beads as well as silver taps and shower fittings etc to be found in most loos:- A equivalent effect can be achieved with buff coloured and other neutrally coloured tiles:- In case you are artistically minded and talented, do what you want and certainly really don’t listen to any toilet fitter!
8) Your contractor is likely to be on site for anywhere between 7 and 11 working days. Enable him have a fairly large region on which to keep his tools, materials plus the bathroom fitter etc:- Any contractor worth his salt will always respect your property ( use dust sheets etc) and will clear up in the end of every night. A spare room is ideal, and with the door kept shut to hide the storage place after the contractor has completed for the day, then the intrusion ought to be bearable for the agreement duration
9) On most lavatory projects it truly is attainable to keep a working toilet on the go for all but 24 hours of any agreement:- Newly laid floor tiles require time to set prior to fixing the new wc and basin pedestal etc. Inside the absence of a second lavatory then alternative arrangements must obviously be designed with neighbours, friends or family in advance.
10) Finally if you are happy with the rest room enable your contractor know ( everybody likes to get thanked for doing a good job) and pay him promptly. In case you wish you can place a fantastic review of his workmanship online via your Google account, it will help his web site rankings and also other potential customers seeking trustworthy and fine craftsmen.
I hope you find the above useful and all the best to your future toilet set up projects.